I will soon get work done to the front of my house. I am planning on repairing and painting the brick work and render.
At ground floor it is just painted brickwork but at first floor it is a render finish. It appears to be like a painted render. Also the window cills appear to be clay tiles.
House was build around 1900’s
Could you please assist in the following
1. what is the type of render at first floor
2. what is best way to repair cracks in the render
3. what is best re painting required. Do I need undercoat and top coat.
4. What product would best suit
5. for the window cills , can any one confirm they are clay tiles
6. what is best method to repairs broken of bits. Most notable front of tile is coming off
7. what is best paint product for the cills
8. where there is now a gap between the render and the tiles should it be filled with cement mortar or some other mix.
any help greatly appreciated