Repairing a ceramic knife
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RoyG
Tradesman
Tradesman

Repairing a ceramic knife

by RoyG » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 am

I have a ceramic bladed kitchen knife. A while ago it fell off the counter and the blade broke inside the plastic handle. There's perhaps half a centimetre of the tang left on the blade so I tried to glue it back in with Araldite. It seemed solid but after a few days use it loosened and came apart again. (And it never saw the inside of the dishwasher)

Is there any other adhesive/filler I could try? I'm reluctant to bin it as they're rather expensive

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:47 am

RoyG,
Modify the handle or blade so that more of it is located inside the handle, you could buy a wood handle. Araldite should hold it in place.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:43 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:00 am