Repairing Plaster Board Gaps that Keep Opening
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lukew
Labourer
Labourer

Repairing Plaster Board Gaps that Keep Opening

by Lukew » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Corner.jpg
I live in a seven year old flat and along one wall where it joins to the main building, a crack always appears. I filled it in before with some Polly filler but it opened again. I did it again after this picture was taken using builders caulk which has worked for most of it, but I will need to cover again before sanding it. Should I actually be putting tape over it first before covering again? I don't want it opening right up and going through the process again if I have painted it. Can was probably about 6-7mm at the biggest part but mainly 2-4mm. Any advice would be much appreciated as this wall has driven me mad!

Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Repairing Plaster Board Gaps that Keep Opening

by welsh brickie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 pm

you need to cut back the finish plaster 2 inches each side of the crack, then lay fibre tape over the crack, and then fill the gap with polyfiller

Lukew
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Repairing Plaster Board Gaps that Keep Opening

by Lukew » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks for your reply and help. Sounds slightly more complex for me than filling! I shall take a look though as I want it to be done properly and hold (fingers crossed!) this time.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm