All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dray
Labourer
Labourer

Replace Electric Shower

by Dray » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 am

Hi,

I'm contemplating replacing an existing electric shower (Triton Zante III) with the exact same model as the existing one is broken. It all looks fairly straight forward apart from disconnecting and reconnecting the water-inlet. I'm wondering if I'll need any special tools for this and whether a sealant will be necessary. It also recommends flushing the system to remove any debris but as it's a straight-forward switch will this be necessary? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replace Electric Shower

by plumbbob » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Generally the shower should be a direct replacement as far as the plumbing and electrics go but you can never be sure until the units are side by side for comparison.

Please be very careful with regard to the electrical connection. Shower units use high currents which can cause arcing if the connections are not installed cleanly and tightly.

It is debatable whether changing a shower yourself is in contradiction of the new Part "P" electrical regulations. I would recommend you ask a qualified installer to do the work for you to ensure everything is safe to use.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:07 am