Replacement Bath Shower Mixer Tap for Hansgrohe Ecostat E That has Seized up
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Eaststander
Labourer
Labourer

Replacement Bath Shower Mixer Tap for Hansgrohe Ecostat E That has Seized up

by Eaststander » Mon May 16, 2016 2:11 pm

My existing bath tap is a Hansgrohe Ecostat E (exposed fitting), around six years old. I rarely use the bath, preferring the shower in the en-suite. So over time it has become too stiff to turn the handles - I assume due to limescale. I want to replace the tap completely, as there is also minor damage caused by a plumber who messed around but couldn't fix it, but the type seems to have my local plumbers stumped. It has two handles: the right one controls temperature, and the left one is a selector with three positions (off, shower, or bath). The fittings are vertical into the bath.

All the replacements in B & Q are of the type with a knob on the top to pull and switch over to the shower attachment. Would this type be an appropriate replacement? I'm worried that my type of tap has been chosen specifically because there may be very low pressure (I live in an eighth top floor flat). The hot water cylinder is in my cupboard, and I assume the cold water tank is somewhere above my ceiling. I have no idea how to measure the water pressure.

Sorry to be long-winded - any advice appreciated.

Steve

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Replacement Bath Shower Mixer Tap for Hansgrohe Ecostat E That has Seized up

by lets have a look » Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 am

Depends what hot water cylinder you have,if you have this type you won't get the pressure

http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Newa ... inders.htm

or if you have this one

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=elson ... KP_5NKM%3A

but if you have this one it should work seeing as you had a shower that worked

http://www.thegreenage.co.uk/tech/hot-w ... d-systems/

Eaststander
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Replacement Bath Shower Mixer Tap for Hansgrohe Ecostat E That has Seized up

by Eaststander » Tue May 17, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks. It appears to be most like the one in your second link, but technically, I'm not sure. If it helps, it is a Range Tribune HE. Photo attached:
Attachments
IMG_0135.jpg

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

by lets have a look » Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 am

You have a pressurised hot water system so any bath/shower mixer taps will work, as long as the cold is mains fed and not from a roof tank but very unlikely,just turn off the stopcock to check

Eaststander
Labourer
Labourer

by Eaststander » Wed May 18, 2016 11:19 am

That's a great help - thanks so much.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:37 am