Replacement for Heatrae Pullin Imersion Heater
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Urchy
Labourer
Labourer

Replacement for Heatrae Pullin Imersion Heater

by Urchy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi I would like to replace my very old Heatrae Immersion Heater, and I was considering the Heatrae Sadia Megaflo DD125HE. However, I am not too sure whether this will be practical, as the property has very low pressure (just under 1 bar).
The property is a studio flat, with a bath, electric shower, washing machine, but these are not used at the same time.
I would welcome any advice / recommendations for electric water heating systems and especially for for use at low pressure.
Is there anyway which the water pressure can be increased either before or after it leaves the boiler, e.g. a pump in/out?
I am not going to do the job myself and will call in a plumber, but this has been difficult as nobody seems to interested in the job!
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the Bristol area?
Thank you for any advice you can give me.

jondeau
Ganger
Ganger

by jondeau » Sun May 13, 2007 8:27 am

I believe these things normally operate at about 3 bar, however I did read somewhere that they will work with pressures down to 0.5 bar.

I'm sure the makers will have a technical help line somewhere that you can check with.

Without actually seeing what sort of plumbing system you have it's a bit difficult to recommend a particular cylinder or system. I don't like the idea of adding pumps etc.......the more technical a system gets, the more there is to go wrong.

Unfortunately I'm in South Devon, so it's a bit too far away for me.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 am