Replacing a flat roof - Health and Safety??
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

semo231
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing a flat roof - Health and Safety??

by semo231 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Can anybody help me??

I live in a block of 12 flats which are three storeys high. Our management agents have told us that the flat roof needs replacing, which the other residents and I are expected to pay for . I will now add the details of the work that they are looking to do.

Replace the roof using 3 layer Bauder roof high tech felt, including flashing detail to flues, gutters and outlets etc and eaves trim to the perimeter, provision of a waterproof access hatch, permanent roof safety anchorage point at roof level, identified access walk areas with provision for replacing up to 20sm of roof decking.

The management agents have quoted us £34,000 for this work to be done.

Although without looking at the roof it is difficult to say , can anybody say whether this sounds anywhere near a reasonable quote?

It possible to simply replace a flat roof? as it sounds as though they are putting im several things i.e. anchorage point, access hatch and walk areas to comply with health and safety regs???

Can anybody shed any light on these points please.

Thanks

Dean

It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:32 pm