Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
patl
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing Bath and Anchoring a Shower Enclosure to a Half Wall

by patl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:16 am

Hi,

I need to replace an existing bath in the corner of the bathroom with a shower enclosure. The trouble is that about half of the end of the bath is under a window that goes from about waist height to just below the ceiling so the shower enclosure would end up being unsupported from about waist height upwards.
Does anyone have any bright ideas of how to anchor the top of the enclosure?
The only other option I can think of is to instead get a reasonably deep shower tray and a shower curtain instead, it isn't optimal, but the shower isn't particularly high pressure, so I think it should probably be fine.
Thanks,
Pat.

thedoctor

Re: Replacing Bath and Anchoring a Shower Enclosure to a Half Wall

by thedoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 am

Hi

You will really need to ensure that the enclosure is fixed all the way along its vertical lengths and in any other required places. If not then this can open you up to many issues from leaks as water will find its way out and down to the floor, soaking the floor over time, leaking through to the ceiling below (if its first floor), rotting joists etc…. which can run into a great deal of expense to fix.

Is it possible to source a shower tray and enclosure that extends past the window so that it can be fixed to a solid wall?

Kind Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:15 pm