replacing crazy paving pathway with smooth concrete
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andreafabric
Labourer
Labourer

replacing crazy paving pathway with smooth concrete

by andreafabric » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 pm

I have a crazy paving path running down the side of my house, which is about 5" higher than next doors pathway. There was a badly leaning boundry wall which I have removed. There appears to be no footings (probably why the wall was leaning). I want to replace the wall with sleepers, and the path with concrete.
Here's where I get fussy! I want the concrete to be smooth and sandy coloured (to match the london yellow stock bricks of the house, possibly with a little artistic detail like cobbles or large cotswold gravel. I thought the addition of this sort of detail would help by allowing me to do smaller sections at a time and mix the concrete myself.

Do I need to do the sleepers down the side first?

What agregates/percentages do I need to get a smooth sandy coloured finish?

How much do I need to dig down, and what sort of prep do I need before I think about laying concrete?

As you can probably tell, I am a novice at outdoor diy jobs so any advice would be appreciated!

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:09 pm