Replacing Radiators
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
debbie2010
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing Radiators

by debbie2010 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Ive just moved into a house were i want to change all radiators and valves cos all the old ones look worn. Ive took measurements of the old bathroom rad and for it to be 640mm but the biggest replacement i can find has a width of 620mm is there anyway to bridge the gap i dont really want t put the old one back on it will look out of place with the refurbof the house.

pb1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Replacing Radiators

by pb1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm

[quote="debbie2010"]Ive just moved into a house were i want to change all radiators and valves cos all the old ones look worn. Ive took measurements of the old bathroom rad and for it to be 640mm but the biggest replacement i can find has a width of 620mm is there anyway to bridge the gap i dont really want t put the old one back on it will look out of place with the refurbof the house.[/quote]
hi debbie,if you dont fancy redoing the pipe work you can buy radiator extensions in various sizes that will make up the size difference.if you cant find an extension to match you can screw a 1'2 " male iron into the rad and go to the valve with copper. hope this helps good luck.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm

There's normally a way of bridging the gas, you can buy radiator tail extensions

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsess ... iator+tail

Sometimes fitting a radiator valve that incorporates a drain off - is enough to take up the gap.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:52 am