Replacing unusual size doors
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Laurie
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing unusual size doors

by Laurie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 pm

I would like to replace my boring 1970's internal doors with nice white panelled doors - Regency or similar, but cannot find anything to fit from diy chains. My doors are all different widths i.e. 2250x720/520/620mm. Any ideas? Thanks

Freeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Freeman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Are the doors flat panelled? If so how about sticking the moulding of your choice to the flat panel to create a raised moulding effect

apollo579
Labourer
Labourer

place to find a door

by apollo579 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi,

i am new on here so hi to all who read my posts

i am in the process of doing up my new house and while looking through the internet for all kinds of things i came across a online doorshop that might be of some interest: Google emeralddoors. I got a 14ft vu-fold and several internal doors from them as well as 2 external door sets and as i was quite local i was able to collect but i belive they do deliver through out the contry i am not sure if the door your after is there but i noticed they do all kinds of designs from fancy stuff to the standard pine door its worth a look if your struggling i had some awkward sizes which i couldnt get from your standard large retailer and they seemed to have a wide range of sizes aswell as being able to get them made to suit oh yeh i got a firedoor for the extention aswell

hope this helps :)

chris door
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Replacing unusual size doors

by chris door » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm

[quote="Laurie"]I would like to replace my boring 1970's internal doors with nice white panelled doors - Regency or similar, but cannot find anything to fit from diy chains. My doors are all different widths i.e. 2250x720/520/620mm. Any ideas? Thanks[/quote]

This is an extract from a door suppliers FAQ's I hope it helps!
Chris

You probably have "Metric size" doors. Builders from the mid 70's onwards (especially on estates) often used metric sizes which included doors. If your doors are taller than standard (imperial) doors and often narrower, then you may be metric.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

doorgirl
Labourer
Labourer

odd size doors

by doorgirl » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 pm

I think a good solution for this is to get a made to measure door - if you Google "thedoorworld.com" they do made to measure white doors in metric and imperial, for £99 which includes delivery across Britain. Quite cheap considering its made for you! And also dont need to worry about painting. Hope this helps if you are still looking!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: odd size doors

by rosebery » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:12 pm

[quote="doorgirl"]I think a good solution for this is to get a made to measure door - if you Google "thedoorworld.com" they do made to measure white doors in metric and imperial, for £99 which includes delivery across Britain. Quite cheap considering its made for you! And also dont need to worry about painting. Hope this helps if you are still looking![/quote]

If you can't get exactly the size you want the best solution is buy one slightly oversized and trim it to fit exactly.

Cheers

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

doors

by sweetorb » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:21 pm

hi

try howdens,they have most sizes in stock

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:28 pm

You need an account with Howdens though or at least someone with an account for you to use.

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by sweetorb » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

hi

thats true,you do,although our local branch has opened "cash" accounts for people ive done work for no questions asked. even if you never use it again you havent lost anything,opening the account doesnt cost anything.

in my experience youll struggle to find many companys with such a wide range of doors in as many variations of sizes...
...just a thort....

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 am