Repointing Internal Side of External Wall?

Postby Brighton Refurb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi al,

Please let me know if this is a silly question but I am a novice to all things brickwork!

We had a damp issue on a couple of spots in our spare room and the plaster was cracked and flaking. We took down the plaster on the external (non-cavity) wall yesterday. We have some questions on the brickwork behind it. There are some gaps and missing mortar (see photos). Our plan was to fill in the gaps with mortar before adding a mesh membrane and re-plastering.

The question we have is repointing ever done on the internal side of an external wall? Will it help? Are theer any other options open to us?

Thanks.
Attachments
FullSizeRender[2].jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
b.jpg
a.jpg
Brighton Refurb
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:06 pm

After you apply the mesh, I would use a renovating plaster like limelight plaster,on the wall
welsh brickie

Postby Brighton Refurb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for the plaster advice, much appreciated!
Brighton Refurb
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!