Repointing newish Brickwork
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Denis
Labourer
Labourer

Repointing newish Brickwork

by Denis » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi out there, I was recently hit by the floods in my area. Thankfully I was more fortunate than my neighbours. However, I have a major patio retaining wall at the rear of my house that was badly effected by the flood water. Consequently, I have to re-point and treat the brick work as a matter of urgency. Most local builders will not touch the job as it is too small. The area of the wall in question is 20 meters long by 2 meters high but only the bottom meter is affected. Is it a job that I, as an absolute novice' could tackle on my own, if yes what tools and materials do I need and how long would I need to complete the task. Any ideas on costs would be a bonus.
Many Thanks
Denis ,do a job make another job.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:21 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 am