Reversing doors LEC TF5517 fridge freezer
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hmiwmp
Labourer
Labourer

Reversing doors LEC TF5517 fridge freezer

by Hmiwmp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 pm

The steps to reverse the doors appear simple and straightforward. Except I am stuck at step 1 "remove top cover". This is necessay to access the bolt that holds top hinge in place.
Try as I might I failed to remove the fridge top cover. It is a single piece of moulded plastic with no sign of how it is secured to top of fridge. Anyone help?

Hmiwmp
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Reversing doors LEC TF5517 fridge freezer

by Hmiwmp » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Ended up being my own DIY Doctor.
So will post solution for anyone else unfortunate enough to have purchased a LEC fridge freezer and finds the directions for reversing the doors totally useless. Thanks, LEC!
There are 4 recessed indentations on the top cover. These have to be drilled through with a large diameter drill to reveal the screws that secure the top cover to the fridge body.
Make sure you puck up and retain the two white plastic washers from the front 2 screws as you need these for reassembly.
Thereafter follow the LEC instructions.
To replace and secure the top cover, firstly insert the front screws with the washers in place. Then slide on the top cover so that the two lugs on the cover locate into the washers. You can then tighten these to secure the top. Finish off with the back 2 screws. Open the fridge and take out the Prosecco. Open and treat yourself to a job well done.

jamesgrapeseed
Labourer
Labourer

by jamesgrapeseed » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Hiya

Would you be able to post your solution?

I think my friend has the same one!

James

Hmiwmp
Labourer
Labourer

by Hmiwmp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:40 pm

James - sorry for the confusion!
I have included the 'solution' in my second post (above).
Just take care when drilling out the recessed indentations on the top cover. Use a large drill bit and be careful as the plastic is quite thin.
Refitting the cover is a little tricky as the plastic washers have to be located properly (front of the cover).
Otherwise, the LEC instructions are OK

Best of luck!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm