Roller Blinds - Getting it Straight!!!
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DecoDiva
Labourer
Labourer

Roller Blinds - Getting it Straight!!!

by DecoDiva » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi HELP!
I have an existing 7'10 rollerblind and am attempting to replace the fabric. I brought two 4' blinds cut them to size but have left 2" overlap in centre (intending to glue this later) Problem is I can't get the things to roll evenly. Not sure if the overlap is causing this. Should I cut down the centre with a craft knife thus removing the overlap? If so what's the best way to get a perfectly straight cut?? Don't want to bodge this job as I can't afford new blinds. :o(

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 am

I'm not sure that cutting is the best technique. It may be that after glueing they would roll evenly but it may be too late if they don't. If you glue then you'd be left with a dark stripe down the middle unless they are light proof blinds.

If you were to cut then I would suggest making the cut at the outside edge of one. that way they would line up in the middle and any slight unevenness at the edge wouldn't be so noticable.

Of course if you cut then depending on the material you would need to do something to stop it fraying.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:35 pm