Ronseal Diamond hard floor varnish - any reviews?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jvh
Labourer
Labourer

Ronseal Diamond hard floor varnish - any reviews?

by jvh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi - we are about to sand and varnish the floors in our house, and have chosen Ronseal diamond hard floor varnish with a light stain (light oak). We need a light stain because the floor boards are a mixture of original and reclaimed, and are slightly different colours. I also chose a varnish and stain combined in the hope that it might save time, removing the staining step from the process. Has any one used this varnish with any success? I cant find any product reviews on the net.....

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 pm

probably a bit late now, but i can tell you that i've used it several times and find it to be an agreeable product. its ronseal so it "does exactly what it says on the tin" .... if applied correctly and in accordance with instructions of course.

only thing with the stain varnishes is that it is IMPERATIVE that you keep a wet edge (ie do not allow each the brush stroke to dry before applying the adjacent stroke) otherwise you floor will look streaky. easy done with the water based varnishes as they can become touch dry within moments.

but once dry and after 3 coats (light sanding before final coat) then its incredibly hard wearing and looks good. i would fully endorse this product for DIY use.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm