Roof additional load bearing
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
M-CLEAN UK
Labourer
Labourer

Roof additional load bearing

by M-CLEAN UK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:20 pm

I clean externals on various supermarkets around the country and have succesfully cleaned four supermarket roofs.

I have bought a domain name and am currently setting up a residential roof cleaning business.

I have looked at using 3 roof ladders with a staging system, spanning them and then working the top half of the roof from this set up, when finished breaking it down and then finishing the bottom half off the scaffold tower.

I have a couple of concerns.

The first would be in the amount of additional load a roof can carry, whether the set up as mentioned plus two operators would be too heavy and secondly

Does roof felt or membranes run horizontally or vertically.

Many thanks

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:10 pm

The first concern must be, does this set up have health and safety approval, the second will your insurers be happy to pay out if there is an accident?
How will you fix and control your safety harness?
Roofs are made by men and are designed to carry large loads, keep in mind that a typical roof can have several people working on it and piles of slates and or tiles.
Membranes run horizontally.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:21 pm