Roofing advice please
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SgtPhilko
Labourer
Labourer

Roofing advice please

by SgtPhilko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:55 pm

I have a friend whos carport roof is leaking,
I took a camera up and took these snaps,

A flat plastic roof with strips of felt glued on to stop it leaking. Looks to me as if he didn't care too much how long it was going to last?

The red line shows where the builder glued/stuck the felt originally, it has since come away as seen in the picture, the green arrow shows the edge of the plastic sheet and the blue arrow shows the guttering, needing a clean out.

This image shows how the builder sealed the edges, or in this case not as you can see clearly how its coming away

As I'm not much of a builder I need some advice here, yes it looks to me as if the design is none too great and there are better ways of doing this but the elderly lady I'm trying to advise here is on a tight budget now having paid out not more than three years ago for this work and the builder is now not trading.

I was hoping a patch might suffice for a period of time allowing the lady to pull the resources together to do a more permanent effort later on. so I need to patch up and wondered which adhesive I should use, if I can?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Roofing advice please

by welsh brickie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 pm

you can try flashband,the surface has to be dry and its applied with a heatgun.Or isoflex liquid rubber compound thats painted on.

SgtPhilko
Labourer
Labourer

by SgtPhilko » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am

Heat is gonna be a problem as the roof is plastic sheet,
will isoflex hold the previous felt back in place or should i glue that first

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

flashband is fine your only heating it slightly ive used it on polycarb before.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:29 am