Room Stat

Postby JONATHAN1969 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:25 am

I am looking to add a room stat to our basic CH only system, we currently have a Grasslin old style timer I have purchased a Salus rt500rf roomstat and I am confused how to connect I understand I need to connect it inseries with the timer, but how do i locate which terminals on the Grasslin? Please help :(
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 am


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 am

you may want to repost this on electrical forum where you will be told ch controls are a part-p controlled service which can legally only be done by a member of a 'competant persons' scheme.
Your rf rcvr. needs mains links to supply its workings plus contacts need to break the mains 'call' wire between timer and boiler, easy for a 'leckie' so shouldn't cost much to get done properly.
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Postby htg engineer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Although heating engineers and gas fitters can work on the electric side of a heating installation up to the fused spur - without Part P.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby JONATHAN1969 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 am

Many thanks i will get one in :)
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:26 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics