Rotting smell from unused cellar with visible mould on walls

Postby Sanman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 pm


Everytime it rains I notice a rotting smell (like mouldy food) rising from the cellar of my house. It's a mid-terrace so the cellar is not used but I'm not sure what the smell is or how to resolve, it rises throughout the whole downstairs of the property.

I've had a quick look and it does look as if there is some type of fungus or mould growing on the interior walls. Not sure whether I need to get the professionals in or can tackle the problem myself.

Would appreciate any help in diagnosing the issue or finding a company that can.

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm


Simply Build It


  • Related Topics