rough plaster
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kismet
Labourer
Labourer

rough plaster

by kismet » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 am

I have just moved to france and have a few walls that need to be plastered, I would like to do them so they have a slightly rough finish as the house is not new enough to have completly smooth walls. how do I rough plaster?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Depends on what you mean by rough?

kismet
Labourer
Labourer

rough plaster

by kismet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 am

it just means that any kind of plastering I attempt doesn't need to be perfect, I'm not looking for totaly smooth walls. I haven't done any kind of plastering, but as this is very expensive to have done in France, I thought I would try it, and if I can get a rough look (as in textured) it would fit into the rest of the house nicely. if you could recommend a book or a dvd which I could follow that would be good. they don't do classes here as it's a registered profession. thanks

trowel09
Labourer
Labourer

Re: rough plaster

by trowel09 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:01 pm

[quote="kismet"]I have just moved to france and have a few walls that need to be plastered, I would like to do them so they have a slightly rough finish as the house is not new enough to have completly smooth walls. how do I rough plaster?[/quote] you could add some silica sand to the plaster as you mix,test a small area first,or try to match exsisting roughness with more course sand they come in diff grade god luck

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Try
Repair and Renovate: Masonry and Plastering (Repair & renovate) (Paperback)
by Mike Lawrence
KB

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:05 am

you could use plastering sand / cement mix and a wooden float to finish it off.

not easy but you'll have longer to play with it before it becomes unworkable.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:16 pm