Roughcasting
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Richardpa
Labourer
Labourer

Roughcasting

by Richardpa » Mon May 14, 2007 1:42 pm

:( Hi there, can anyone help me with roughcasting? I have some small areas which have lost the plaster and the bare brick is exposed but like most things plastering i would like to do the repair myself but need to know the method and what i will need please contact me

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm

Mix up sand and cement at 3 to 1 Richard and for every bucket full of the mix, add 1 T cup full of PVA adhesive. ( See our project on PVA by clicking on the project link above). Paint the bare spots with PVA also and when it starts to go tacky after about 5 mins, work the render in with a guaging trowel or bucket trowel ( See the tools section at the bottom of our plastering project for these) level it off and then leave it to dry for an hour or so. You should then be able to use your imagination to produce a similar finish on it to match the rest of the rendering. The phrase roughcast covers an absolute multitude of sins and, other than flat, there are any number of ways to finish it. For a flat finish the standard way is to use a wood, or ployurethane float. (Also in the plastering project.)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 am