Routing Drainer grooves in Worktop Question

Postby hereigoagain » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope someone can enlighten me. I'm installing a Belfast sink with a hardwood worktop, and have bought a jig for routing the drainer grooves. The problem is, the shank on the router bit is too short, so that the cutter wont reach through the jig and down to the worktop. My router has a 1/4 inch collet. I've searched the net and can't find a ball nosed cutter with a long shank. Does such a thing exist, and if so, where can I get one? Please bear in mind I probably won't use it again so don't want to spend a lot on one.
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Sorry but I don't think you will find a long series cutter with a 1/4 shank.
If you can replace the collet you may get a longer 10mm shank cutter otherwise you will have to move to a 1/2" cutter.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics