Rubber flat roofing
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Rubber flat roofing

by thedoctor » Fri May 26, 2006 3:24 pm

To post a question for a Diy Doctor tradesman or your fellow users, to answer please click on “New Topicâ€

vark

Flat roofing

by vark » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Anyone give me the rundown on whats the best for a flat roof extension, Its a minefield and Ive no idea whether to go in rubber, felt, fibreglass or throw a blanket over it !!!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:09 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

pageantcd
Labourer
Labourer

Flat roof

by pageantcd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:37 am

I installed rubber roofing on my garage and kitchen extention last year, and am very pleased.
Go to the suppliers directory and check out the rubber roofing suppliers in there.. I used the 1 metre wide rolls and found them easy to lay. Just be careful as when the rubber sticks thats exactly what it does. I found that if I got it all lined up and then removed the backing slowely then all went well. It's great for around pipes as well.
I've run the rubber up the walls and to the edge of the block work and put coping stones over it, so the roof is basicly tanked.
In heavey rain I've had several inches of water on it and have had no leaks.
I found the chap from the company very helpful when I rang for advice.
May not be as cheap as felt to start with, but should be in the long run.
I wouldn't go back to felt now I've used this.
Hope this helps.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm