Running outside tap pipework through Garage
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
blymar
Labourer
Labourer

Running outside tap pipework through Garage

Post by blymar » Sat May 05, 2007 7:45 am

I want to add an outside tap to my newly built home.
Unfortunately the design of the house does not provide a cold water supply near the backgarden (Kitchen is at front)

I know that I could always put the tap out the front but this would not be ideal.

One idea that I have had is to connect to the cold water feed in the airing cupboard (which is in the bathroom at the rear of the house - first floor)
I do not wish to have exposed pipework to the rear of the house and would like to run the pipes into the attached garage which should be through the wall under the bath. The pipes would then continue in the garage and exit out the rear wall to the garden.

My questions are:

Am I breaking any regulations by putting a hole between the house and garage? (could I not just fill the hole with a fire retardent compound?)

Apart from making sure that the pipes are lagged and a drain off point is installed, what else do I need to consider?

I have an unvented heating system and most of my pipes are plastic.
I wish to connect to the feed for the filling loop. Is this OK?

Thanks for any help.

dave p
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Running outside tap pipework through Garage

Post by dave p » Sat May 05, 2007 10:04 pm

[Make sure you have a double check valve before the tap and have an isolating valve inside the house. In the winter close the isolating valve and leave tap open

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:52 pm