running toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
smovex
Labourer
Labourer

running toilet

by smovex » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Help! Installed new closed cistern toilet with push button and flushes fine. Then after about three minutes the inlet valve begins to run water again and there's an horrible screeching noise a minute or so later. I have adjusted the level but still leaks noisily after a while. Could it be to do with something called a filter restricter - it came in the pack but I didnt bother fitting it because never needed on my previous toilet?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks...

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: running toilet

by plumbbob » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:37 pm

smovex wrote: Could it be to do with something called a filter restricter - it came in the pack but I didnt bother fitting it because never needed on my previous toilet?

Unlike your old float valve which will have had a high pressure nozzle fitted as standard, modern valves are supplied the opposite ie, set up for low pressure, which is why you need to fit the flow restrictor - to stop the mains pressure from overloading the valve.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:38 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 am