Rusting and leaking ch radiators
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stewrob
Labourer
Labourer

Rusting and leaking ch radiators

by stewrob » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:56 pm

I have nine radiators in my house and in the 15 years since the ch system was installed six have been replaced due to rusting through.
the heating engineer can't figure this out saying we've had more replacements than all his other customers put together.
Inhibitor has been added to the header tank. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what could this.

bobwrest
Labourer
Labourer

by bobwrest » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:50 am

Hi
I am a Brit Gas installer your problem is an accumulation of things that have happened to your system.
Pinholing or rusting of rads is due to the fact the a pre commissioning cleanse has not been carried out and your system pipework has had all the residues of fluxes and installation debris left in.
a solution would be to acid cleanse the system utilising a powerflushing machine and take what is known as TDS readings (Total Dissovable Solids)
The water in your system needs to be within 10% of your mains water at your kitchen tap, then you can add an Inhibitor.

any question please ask I hope this helps

Your engineer should know this !!!!!!

regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1