Sabre 24 Combi Boiler Hot water pressure drop

Postby davieboyek » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 am

I have a combi boiler Saber 24 (I gather this is a Vokera) - the gauge reads 1bar - and is steady. But recently my hot water (from the tap) does not seem to have the same pressure (takes twice as long to fill the bath/sink). The boiler is around 3 years old. My central heating is fine and my cold water pressure is as good as it always been even when I change the temp of the water it seems not make a difference to the pressure.

Sorry if this not enough info - don't know much about these things.

All help welcome

Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Could be a filter in the cold mains supply to the boiler, this will gather any debri's and limescale, when they get blocked it will reduce the flow rate of the water.

Turn off the cold mains, remove the elbow that connects to the boiler and clean the filter.
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!