Sagged bay window

Postby jimmyfivebellies » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 pm

I have an 1891 Victorian terrace which has suffered some movement over the years. There is a bay window at the front which is constructed out of sandstone. It seems that the whole bay structure has dropped. As a result the bay is rather lopsided. I would like to rebuild the bay so that it looks straight again. Is this possible? How much would it cost?
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:57 pm


Simply Build It

Postby the specialist » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 am


Have you heard of shire piles?

These can be inserted into the ground to stop further movement. i also believe they can then jack up some structures which are not to heavy. You would need to find a contractor to do this but it would be much quicker and less destructive to your property. Its approved by the halifax for subsidence.

the specialist
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics