Salamander Pump Antivibration Hose Question
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

DrZepster
Labourer
Labourer

Salamander Pump Antivibration Hose Question

by DrZepster » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:44 am

Hi

Our RSP-75 Salamander shower pump sprang a leak from the cold side end cap 3 months after installation and their technical support said it was because it was feeding both the bathtaps and the shower whereas they should only be used for shower(s). They recommended the RHP-75 as a whole house version and against my better judgement I've purchased one since it should be a direct swap with no pipework required.

So the question is are the pushfit anti-vibration hoses just a push on/pull off or do they require some sort of twist & locking action? It's tempting to simply unscrew them at the pump end from the old pump and then screw them onto the new pump but the instructions state in big bold red lettering that it is critical that any air is expelled from the inlet pipework and pump chambers using natural flow and directing the outlets into a separate container rather than through the outlet pipework directly. So I need to at least remove the outlets from the pipework but I don't want to damage them.

Any advice is well appreciated as this is the job for today and the memsahib wants a shower!

Many thanks

Ross

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm