Screen Resolution Problems in Windows 7 After Reinstall
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Screen Resolution Problems in Windows 7 After Reinstall

Post by ericmark » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:33 am

I love photography and use my laptop with Photoshop CS5, the RAW converter will not work with a low resolution all the controls disappear. I have other programs which are the same.

However go onto the internet and I find with Firefox which has the best colour rendering the writing is too small to read.

I did not notice this problem when using Vista, only seems to have come with Windows 7, my hard drives failed so three new hard drives were fitted by my son, two raid solid state drives which I see as one drive, and a 1Tb mechanical drive. I had lost my operating system waited too long before asking him to repair so he had some Windows 7 licences so installed that. This has caused no end of problems, from finding out passwords to finding hardware like scanners failing.

However also some plus bits like the virtual desktop allowing me to use the desktop from laptop.

On all my computers this web site is around half the screen size, the bit I am typing in is around 1/4 width of screen, OK on desk top with 43 inch screen but laptop with 18.4" full HD X-block LCD screen need two pairs of glasses.

Dekzion
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Screen Resolution Problems in Windows 7 After Reinstall

Post by Dekzion » Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 am

Hiya,
First post here.
When you are in internet explorer (on the web ) Hold the ctrl button (bottom left on the keyboard usually) down and scroll the mouse wheel. the text size on the screen will zoom in and out.
It's a nightmare installing new hard drives and a new system, You may have to go to hardware manufacturers websites and download current drivers for equipment just search for 'drivers for xxxx model xxxx' but beware that if you don't download from the manufacturers website you may also download spyware, and never download or install any program that will 'Help You Get The Correct Drivers For Your Computer'
I use Linux Ubuntu Operating systems so Never have to worry about virus’s

CaptObvious
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Screen Resolution Problems in Windows 7 After Reinstall

Post by CaptObvious » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 pm

With older hardware windows is not able to detect your hardware and just uses default drivers.

You will need to find out the exact model of your graphics card and any device which is not working right, and download the proper drivers from the manufacturer's website.

However it seems you are saying that your screen now has a HIGHER resolution than it did before, which rather implies it is working properly now, but wasn't before as high resolution only comes with correct drivers.
If you find the text too small at that resolution, then you can increase overall text size in Windows.
read this: https://www.pcworld.com/article/242942/ ... _size.html

Also Go into your device manager, and look for the display adaptor and see what it says. If it gives a specific brand and model of graphics card, then it has the correct driver.

HTH

Russ Michaels

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:46 am