Screwless Alternative to Shower Pole
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Shannon
Labourer
Labourer

Screwless Alternative to Shower Pole

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm a student in a rented shared student house with 5 other people.
In our house we have 2 bathrooms, however only one has a shower (which we all use instead of having a bath as it takes too long) and that is downstairs and some of the messier members of the house are slowly turning it into a pig-sty-come-wallowing-hole.
In order to stop myself from catching legionnaire's disease I have decided to modify the upstairs bath into a shower with a simple fitting that mixes the two taps into a hose to make a very low-rent shower.
However, after finding this I've become stumped in trying to find a cheap, screw/nail less, and preferably mark-less way to hold up a shower curtain.
I'd like to stress that I cannot screw, permanently glue, or put nails into the walls as it would come out of my deposit as damage, so any ideas would be welcome.
Like any student I have considered blu tack and duct tape, however I think the first would be too feeble and the latter may rip off the paint at the end of the year.
Any ideas would be most welcome, thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Screwless Alternative to Shower Pole

Post by welsh brickie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 pm

you can buy a shower curtain pole that extends with rubber feet on, try your local hardware stores

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Screwless Alternative to Shower Pole

Post by plastic_man77 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:54 pm

@ Shannon

There is such a thing as a telescopic shower curtain pole, which doesn't use screws etc to fix in position, but rather the strenth of the telescope effect to pinch it between two fixed walls. You can purchase these from Argos I think.

If you're still worried about marking the walls, try putting something like a plastic coaster under each end of the pole to spread the load and not allow any direct contact.

I know you're worried about your deposit, but if you put something up neatly, like the type of shower pole I mentioned, don't bother taking it down at the end of the year (They're quite inexpensive), leave it in position with a nice cheap, but clean shower curtain hanging on it, and I'm sure nobody is going to say anything about it. It's not like you've burned holes in the carpet.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:44 am