screwless Solution Needed for Hanging Bike in High Space
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

eamonn123
Labourer
Labourer

screwless Solution Needed for Hanging Bike in High Space

by eamonn123 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi,

I have a challenge if anybody is up for it!

I bought a new bike today.. light enough/10.5kg. I live in a small one bedroom apartment with my other half in London and I dont wish to leave bike outside. The best place to store the bike is in a vestibule /porch area that is already 100% used up on the floor but that has v high ceilings. The area is small maybe 7 ft x 2ft but is 15 ft height I need to find a way to support/hang bike for storage up there. As the bike is light and I am tall I will easily be able to lift it up and down.

Main complication is that because it is a rented property and landlord is [difficult] I cannot use any screws.

On the plus side there is a long shelf running along the space at approx 7ft height. The shelf has a depth of maybe only 8 cm, so far too small for bike) but it is very well supported/strong and can easily support weight of bike.

Im pulled out my hair trying to find a solution on the net. The obvious solution for me would be like a shelf extension/increasing the depth of the shelf. I was hoping to find some kind of 'peg' like extension that would bite onto the shelf with a lateral piece extension but none appear to exist. The other option would be plastic /moulder holder.. Think of the phone holders in cars but bigger for bikes. I envisaged this would clip on to the shelf again. Unfortunately once again doesnt appear to exist...

any ideas or help appreciated.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 am