Scribing between walls
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
yydelilah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Scribing between walls

by yydelilah » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:28 am

Hi - I have to scribe a bath front panel between two vertical but irregular walls. I don't want ugly gaps either side of the front panel.

I know how to scribe a panel to one side when there is no restriction on the opposite side, i.e. like tiling to an irregular edge, but I don't know how to do this within an enclosed space. i.e a bit like scribing a kitchen work-top between two opposite walls. Can anyone help?

thanks
:roll:

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

by toptips » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:41 pm

hi,i suggest getting a piece of cheap hardboard cut to the height of the bath panel and a foot short in lenghth.position the board to the right of the bath and scribe the wall.if its not perfect cut the board square and scribe again after all its only cheap hardboard.when done move board to left of the bath and repeat.copy one scribe onto bath panel and cut panel.measure distance between walls at floor level and mark this onto the panel.now put opposite scribe to panel where you marked measurement make sure scribe and panel are lined up at floor line and cut.you could also try this on a second piece of hardboard for a practice run before cutting your panel. hope this helps.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am