Scribing
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gerryyy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Scribing

by gerryyy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm fitting a worktop, and have the joints and all cut, but whats the best way of scribing it to the wall! the wall is going to be tiled, but the room is so not square its unreal! do i hold pencil and run along the wall or whats the best?

baldtrout2
Labourer
Labourer

by baldtrout2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:14 am

Hi
yep that's about it. If your worktop is dark you could try tippex fineline correction fluid, so that the line shows up. Always use a downward cutting jigsaw blade to prevent 'spelching' (chipping of surface). Also make sure you reseal the cut edge of the worktop before fixing.

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

by Oddbod » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:02 am

Hi, If you have a hole cutter (one of those things for making large diameter holes in wood for things like pipes etc) a tip that works for me is use it to cut a circle of diameter about half the maximum scribe distance, stick a pencil thru the hole in the middle and use that to mark the scribe. It makes it a lot easier to keep the pencil parallel to the wall - which is problem I have with a compass or rule

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 am