Sealing a verandah
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alfiepork
Labourer
Labourer

Sealing a verandah

by alfiepork » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 am

We have had a large verandah built. The builder advised us to seal it with concrete laquer as this is more hardwearing than normal yatch varnish. The floor is made of thick t and g, so after staining with bamboo stain we used acryilic wood sealer to seal down all the gaps and then run concrete laq all over it. It is still leaking - loads when raining and we want underneath to be dry as use this as outdoor living space - or at least trying to. We can start to seal underneath with acrylic sealer and put another coat of laq on top but I can't see this working. Does anyone have any advice to offer so we are not just throwing money at trying to cure the problem. The verandah is big 8 metres by 6 metres so I don't want to have to keep repeating the work over and over again. I would just like a once year option of maintenance once sealed. We would like to keep the whole thing wood effect rather than just painting it over. I keep looking online but don't know where to turn.
Help!!!!

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 pm

if it's leaking surely the builder should come back and put it right?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm