SEALING SMALL HOLES IN PITCHED-ROOF SLATES
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
indywallace
Labourer
Labourer

SEALING SMALL HOLES IN PITCHED-ROOF SLATES

by indywallace » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Hello,

I wonder if you could kindly help me.

Some of the slates in my roof seem to have holes which let the daylight through into the loft. I am going to have my loft insulated, but the company asked me to have those holes on the slates fixed before they come to do the insulation job.

Somebody told me that the holes could be fixed simply by using some silicone... but I am not sure neither of the silicone type, nor of how to do the job properly.

Could somebody please advise? Thanks!

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: SEALING SMALL HOLES IN PITCHED-ROOF SLATES

by tim reeve » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:22 pm

[quote="indywallace"]Hello,

I wonder if you could kindly help me.

Some of the slates in my roof seem to have holes which let the daylight through into the loft. I am going to have my loft insulated, but the company asked me to have those holes on the slates fixed before they come to do the insulation job.

Somebody told me that the holes could be fixed simply by using some silicone... but I am not sure neither of the silicone type, nor of how to do the job properly.

Could somebody please advise? Thanks![/quote]

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

by tim reeve » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello
I would suggest Buytle flashband, this will help as a tempary meassure until theyv'e done your loft.
Where abouts are you (I'm in Somerset), I'm in the Trade and could probably help get you some?
kind regards
Tim

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 am