All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jaseypoo
Labourer
Labourer

Second shower and low water pressure

by jaseypoo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:36 am

Will my idea work,

I have always had a low pressure problem with my triton 300i 10.5 kw shower but only when water is being drawn off somewhere else, Im just about to make it a lot worse, Ive had an extention built and intend having a wet room / ensuite built, I know for sure that i will never be able to have both showers running with no consequences , but I have a cunning plan, can you tell me if this will work. I propose to change the water feed to the electric shower from the mains supply to a cold water tank yet to be installed in the loft. I propose to fit an electric pump to the supply to the shower, I will also fit an isolating valve to the supply to the tank so it dosent fill up whilst showering, this will be switchable perhaps when i go to bed at night to let if fill up ( when there are no water deamnds) The second shower yet to be built, would be fed by normal pressure and thermostatic mixer valve direct from the combi boiler.

Bob Croft
Labourer
Labourer

low pressure

by Bob Croft » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:55 am

your idea to use a pump to boost the cold water pressure to a shower will work and is a frequently used solution. I would recommend you contact Salamder pumps or visit thier website as they provide excellent technical information on a variety of pumped systems.
The pump system draws water from the hot and cold tanks and boosts the pressure thus the fall in cold water pressure as the cold tank refills will not affect the fully pumped shower thus you do not need to inhibit the cold feed to the storage tank. However be aware that the rate that water is taken out from the tank can exceed the re-filling rate on a low pressure low flow mains feed. Finally I suggest you seek some profesasional advice as in the long run it will save you money.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm