Security Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MattR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Security Light

Post by MattR » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:37 pm

[color=red]Hi,

I recently purchased a 500w heat sensored security light for the rear of my house. I know it's part P work and i also know it'd [u]not[/u] recommended to wire into the lighting circuit. I'm going to get a leckie round but wanted to know how a security light is wired for my own information? It will be mounted up near the guttering and the wiring will lead into the attic. House is 10 years old and the electic wiring in the loft is neat and in excellent condition.

Many Thanks

Matt[/color]

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi, no reason it can't go on lighting circuit, but you are going to be disapointed with its performance as at eaves height the PIR will have to be set at max sensitivity to see anyone and then will go off if a bird farts nearby!
also once it has triggered the heat change when it goes off will often cause it to retrigger, have one near me flashes half the night!!
light needs to be high, PIR low so seperate units much better, but you already bought it so....
BW SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:58 am