Self Build Costs
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Luckett
Labourer
Labourer

Self Build Costs

by Luckett » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:28 am

Hi,

This is my first posting!!

My girlfriend and I have been actively tyring to locate a suitable self build plot in the Wiltshire area and have viewed several. We have also spoken to several estate agents / builders etc and have always based our budgeting costs on a build cost of £850 per square metre.

Yesterday, we spoke with an architect who had designed a property we were very very keen on. When we broached the subject of costs he informed us we were way out and should be basing our build costs on £1500 per square meter and that this figure is regardless of the build finish / materials used etc etc.

Can someone confirm if I have been way off the mark at £850 or advise me of a more accurate price to use for budgeting purposes.

Thanks for any advice!!!!
Tim

codsallian
Apprentice
Apprentice

by codsallian » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:08 pm

I use the £1500/m2 figure as a rule of thumb, but if you self build you probably could come down quite a lot from this figure.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 am