Self cutting tap easy plumb for appliance

Postby greengrass » Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm

First time user of the self cutting appliance taps.
I've firmly secured the clamp to the pipe ready to take the combined tap and cutter.
Although the instruction do not mention it, would it be adviseable to wrap PTFE tape around the tap thread before chancing my arm that when screwed in it wont start weep leaking.
greengrass
Progress to next rank:
8.3%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Wed May 23, 2007 6:48 am

PTFE will certainly not do it any harm Greengrass.
thedoctor

Postby greengrass » Wed May 23, 2007 10:45 am

[quote="greengrass"]First time user of the self cutting appliance taps.
I've firmly secured the clamp to the pipe ready to take the combined tap and cutter.
Although the instruction do not mention it, would it be adviseable to wrap PTFE tape around the tap thread before chancing my arm that when screwed in it wont start weep leaking.[/quote]

Thanks for your info Doc done it and no leaks problem now is the b.....
hose screw fit keeps poping off have to try a new one see how it goes if no good I'll be b.....ng Wickes to pass on my b....ng to the manufacturer.

Bob
greengrass
Progress to next rank:
8.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!