Serious Bathroom Problem, help!!! :(
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sad_muso
Labourer
Labourer

Serious Bathroom Problem, help!!! :(

by sad_muso » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi,

I moved into my flat the start of October just gone. Before I moved in, the landlord pointed out a wet patch on the carpet by the toilet, caused from the leaky seal on the shower door. Anyway, after the first month of living there, he took the carpet away and told us that we had made it more wetter in a month than the previous occupiers did in 18 months! I found this hard to believe as it was drenched when I saw it before moving in, and there is mould underneath. Anyway, he took away the carpet and told me I'd have to put something down myself. Around 2 weeks ago I put down some lino flooring which I cut and fitted myself, hence not being a very good job (it's not totally sealed and tight around the edges. I thought all my problems had been solved until I noticed a dark patch in the carpet outside the bathroom door today, and found that it was wet! I lifted up the lino and the floor underneath was damp, but I cannot see how the carpet outside the bathroom is getting wet. I opened up the bath to have a look underneath, and this seemed all dry. The sink and shower doesn't seem to be leaking either, so I can only put it down to the dodgy seal on the shower door. I really don't know what to do. I know it's probably my landlord's job to fix but as you've already heard he is a very unreasonable person and very hard to talk to so I would rather sort this myself. I can post pictures if needs be.

Anyone out there that can give me a hand?

:(

sad_muso[/img]

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:46 am

To put simply, get your landlord in to correct this problem. If he refuses then simply move out. Take legal advice on this one from your local council you be very suprised at how the law favours the tennant over the landlord. By doing anything yourself then your involving yourself in the problem. Why would you want to rent from such an unreasonable landlord.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:07 am