service head move
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
colin haycroft
Apprentice
Apprentice

service head move

by colin haycroft » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am

yesterday the elecy board moved the service head, reason being a new extension. On inspection it doesn't look like they have provided an earth off the incoming feed, as was on the old head. They have provided a henley block, but nothing connected to it!!!!! Does this sound right? Before i get on the phone, or pay someone to check it out.....Cheers

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 pm

If you had a TNC-S (pme) supply Ie the earth came from the service head out of the side of the neutral block or from the cable sheath TNC, they do not HAVE to give you an earth but will if asked. Most do it automatically, maybe only when tails and earth (CPC) are in place for them to connect to, complete with test sheets for modified circuit.
Hope this helps ...a phone call to the R.E.C. should provide answer,
Sparx.

colin haycroft
Apprentice
Apprentice

by colin haycroft » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:03 am

Cheers for that, i've had a close look i may have got it wrong, it looks like the henley block may form part of the actual install ie it appears to go inside the cable termination/fuse enclosure...! I'll ring em anyway better safe than sorry!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:33 pm