Setting TRVs

Postby Exdaddy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

When I moved into my house a few years ago, all of the TRVs were already installes. I have noticed that a number of them appear to be "set" differently. There are 2 small plastic pins and a pointer that can be placed in various positions around the head of the TRV, which seems to control the amount of rotation of the head when setting the temperature.

Can anyone advise exactly what these pins are for amd how they should be set around the TRV head?

Thanks very much
Exdaddy
Progress to next rank:
47.4%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Steve the gas » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:21 am

Hi,

The visible pins are the settings for the user to choose which heat output setting he/she desires.
So the numbers or marks should be positioned to the front of the valve head- so you can see them with ease.

Hth
Steve the gas
Progress to next rank:
56%

Postby Exdaddy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks very much for your response, I will give it a go.
Exdaddy
Progress to next rank:
47.4%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!