Shed on bearers
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pete1944
Labourer
Labourer

Shed on bearers

Post by Pete1944 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I want to erect a 12x8 shed. Because my garden is sloping, is it possible for it to sit it on bearers, with posts concreted into the the ground. if so, what size bearers would I need and how far apart should they be.

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

Post by acsimpson » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 pm

It depends on the shed. If it is designed to be on paving slabs like the one I raised a few weeks ago then the floor would not be strong enough to sit on posts. I guess you could build some decking and put it on that but depending on the slope you may be easier to dig it into the slope and put the earth you dig under the overhanging part.

Pete1944
Labourer
Labourer

Shed on bearers

Post by Pete1944 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

[quote="acsimpson"]It depends on the shed. If it is designed to be on paving slabs like the one I raised a few weeks ago then the floor would not be strong enough to sit on posts. I guess you could build some decking and put it on that but depending on the slope you may be easier to dig it into the slope and put the earth you dig under the overhanging part.[/quote] Thanks for that. I managed to get hold of the supplier and he said it is ok, as long as the joists run across the 8ft part. His sheds have floor bearers that run along the 12ft part, therefore it will sit on top.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 pm