Shiny New Plaster
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
luz
Labourer
Labourer

Shiny New Plaster

by luz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Hello

I've just had my bathroom skimmed. The plasterer then sanded it down when I said how lumpy it was. After sanding it became quite shiny. The plaster is now dry as it was skimmed about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Yesterday I decided to paint the walls mixing 4 part matt emulsion with one part water. It still looked quite thick so later I added a bit more water. The problem is that the paint wasn't sinking in but seemed to remain on the surface. In a panic I've been trying to remove the paint so I could have another go at it! My fear was as it wasn't sinking in it might start to peal off. Since getting the paint back off the walls seem to be even shinier than before. I'm wondering what I should do next time to make sure everything goes ok. Should I buy a primer/sealant or mix 1part paint to 1 part water? If none of the above....Help!

I'd really appreciate you comments
Cheers :roll:

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:23 pm

mix the paint (water based) 60:40 paint:water - a little dab of pva in the mix doesnt do any harm. should work a treat, you'll know quite soon, within a week, if its going to peel or not.

luz
Labourer
Labourer

by luz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks ever so much.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am