shock


Postby kitcat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:34 pm

in my kitchen i have 2 light switches one is ok but ther other one when you turn it on you get a shock, it is ok when you turn it of, i have recently had my kitchen plastered so could it have got damp, and i have also had a new fuse box fitted could it be any of these, i am worryed as i have 3 chirldren, is this dangeres in any way
thanks
kitcat
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:35 am

Shocks are always cause for consern. May be as you say the switch is damp but although this may make you aware of the problem one wonders if the switch is earthed connectly in the first place.
I would sugest you get an electrician to check it for you. Look for a registored electrician then he can do any work required without informing the council first and he can give you the paperwork required for insurance.
There are so many things that could be wrong it really does need someone there and with test equipment. It could be as simple as new switch required but also there could be wiring faults.
Eric
ericmark


Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 pm

[quote="kitcat"]in my kitchen i have 2 light switches one is ok but ther other one when you turn it on you get a shock, it is ok when you turn it of, i have recently had my kitchen plastered so could it have got damp, and i have also had a new fuse box fitted could it be any of these, i am worryed as i have 3 chirldren, is this dangeres in any way
thanks[/quote]

KITCAT
SAFTEY is paramount.
GET IN AN ELECTRCIAN NOW !

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 pm


Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


 


  • Related Topics