shock
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kitcat
Labourer
Labourer

shock

Post by kitcat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:34 pm

in my kitchen i have 2 light switches one is ok but ther other one when you turn it on you get a shock, it is ok when you turn it of, i have recently had my kitchen plastered so could it have got damp, and i have also had a new fuse box fitted could it be any of these, i am worryed as i have 3 chirldren, is this dangeres in any way
thanks

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:35 am

Shocks are always cause for consern. May be as you say the switch is damp but although this may make you aware of the problem one wonders if the switch is earthed connectly in the first place.
I would sugest you get an electrician to check it for you. Look for a registored electrician then he can do any work required without informing the council first and he can give you the paperwork required for insurance.
There are so many things that could be wrong it really does need someone there and with test equipment. It could be as simple as new switch required but also there could be wiring faults.
Eric

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: shock

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 pm

[quote="kitcat"]in my kitchen i have 2 light switches one is ok but ther other one when you turn it on you get a shock, it is ok when you turn it of, i have recently had my kitchen plastered so could it have got damp, and i have also had a new fuse box fitted could it be any of these, i am worryed as i have 3 chirldren, is this dangeres in any way
thanks[/quote]

KITCAT
SAFTEY is paramount.
GET IN AN ELECTRCIAN NOW !

BLAKEY1963

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:30 pm