Shower Attachment for Bath - Cannot Drill Holes in Wall
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
showerhelp2
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Attachment for Bath - Cannot Drill Holes in Wall

by showerhelp2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions where I may be able to purchase a shower attachment for a bath? There is no shower over the bath in a potential new flat. It is rented so we cannot attach a shower to the wall by drilling etc. I thought perhaps I could purchase an attachment with suction cups that would stick to the wall but I can't find anything like that online. Any suggestions appreciated! I am a DIY novice. Thanks

thedoctor

Re: Shower Attachment for Bath - Cannot Drill Holes in Wall

by thedoctor » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:53 am

Hi - The easiest thing would be to appraoch the landlord and ask him if it were OK to add a shower hose/head to the wall. It would be there for him for other tennants then also. However, if not a suction cap may not be the best idea, they have a habit of giving up their suction when you least expect it!

If you cut a piece of 15mm plywood down to about 300mm a 150mm you can stick it to the wall with the construction adhesive shown below. put a dab of adhesive in each corner and press to the tiles for a minute or so until the board is self-supporting. It willbe necessary to paint the board first to prevent water getting into the timber.

The shower head can then be fixed to the timber and should you move a sharp scraper behind the adhesive dabs will get the timber off the wall. You will probably need to clean any surplus adhesive off the tiles with a hobby knife blade or a window scraper.

Link to Clearfix adhesive which is suitable for use even under water
https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... ve-c3.html

Hope this helps. Do come back and let us know how you get on.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:42 pm