Shower cable too short at unit

Postby kolleykibber » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi, I've just removed my electric shower which has failed. I have purchased a new shower, but the existing buried cable only offers around 4 inches at the wall and is fixed solid. The previous shower had a hole cut in the back and the internal cable block moved to take the short cable, but I don't really want to do this. Is it acceptable to extend the cable using a waterproof connector block for the extra 4 inches? Or do I have to abandon this cable and run a new one in conduit (which I would prefer not to do!)

Thanks in advance!
kolleykibber
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:50 pm

[quote="kolleykibber"]Hi, I've just removed my electric shower which has failed. I have purchased a new shower, but the existing buried cable only offers around 4 inches at the wall and is fixed solid. The previous shower had a hole cut in the back and the internal cable block moved to take the short cable, but I don't really want to do this. Is it acceptable to extend the cable using a waterproof connector block for the extra 4 inches? Or do I have to abandon this cable and run a new one in conduit (which I would prefer not to do!)

Thanks in advance![/quote]

KOLLEYKIBBER
NOT DIY WORK. NOTIFIABLE PART P.
SOUNDS THAT U NEED TO CHANGE CABLE FROM PULLCORD SWITCH 2 SHOWER..

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!