Shower cuts off after two minutes

Postby studog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 am

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my mira thermostatic shower. It gets nice and warm for about two - three minutes then the pressure starts to slowly drop. It gets slower and slower and eventually stops completely.

It is connected to a combi boiler and the pressure looks stable at all the other h&c outlets. I've ran my mixer tap on the bath for the same length of time and it doesn't do it. Is it the thermostatic function inside that is the problem or something more sinister?

I'm a bit of an DIY plumber so I understand the basics, is it to do with a possible faulty cartridge or something about a temperature differential when the shower is blending the water?

Cheers for the help guys and ladies (to avoid being politically incorrect!)

Studog.
studog
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby studog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 am

hello?
studog
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby plumbbob » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:00 pm

If it is a traditional mixer shower without any separate controls, it seems there is little else the fault could be other than a faulty thermostat cartridge. It may be worth popping the mixer off the wall and checking the inline filters first before ordering a replacement.
plumbbob

Postby bobplum » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:10 pm

hi how old is it is it still under guarantee
i would contact mira thru the internet and get an opinionfrom them
bob
bobplum
Progress to next rank:
54.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!